Information regarding changes in day-to-day operations at Port of Bodø due to the corona breakout. As well as information about current rules for those who arrive at Port of Bodø.
Information about the corona virus and the day-to-day operations in the port
The corona pandemic affects society to a great extent and we are constantly receiving inquiries about how it affects the traffic in and out of the port and the daily operations of the Port of Bodø. Ports are considered as a critical infrastructure for society and thus should be prioritized in the current situation. The measures and actions taken by the public authorities to limit traffic and reduce the risk of infection are primarily aimed at the passenger traffic, meaning that ships can enter Port of Bodø and freight traffic goes on as normal, for now. The actors located at Port of Bodø are open, but many have closed their offices to visitors. It is therefore recommended that you contact the specific actor by phone if you wish to get in touch.
If access cards to ISPS areas or other assistance is needed, the Port Authority can be contacted by phone +47 908 98 020. NB! Remember valid ID for access cards.
Port of Bodø’s offices are closed to visitors, but the daily operations are still operative. As a measure to prevent the spread of infection, the services offered are somewhat reduced. That is, employees in operational services: the Port Authority and the operations department are staffed. The Port Authority is available as normal, but since the Port Authority’s role is considered critical for society, they are working from a confined area to minimize the risk of infection. This means that the Port Authority is currently only available by phone. The operations department is fully staffed, but works more dispersed than normal. However, they still have the opportunity to assist vessels in need of mooring assistance or other services.
Other employees from the Port of Bodø are mainly operating from home offices, but can be reached through the switchboard +47 75 55 10 80.
Current rules for anyone arriving the Port of Bodø (as of 24.03.20)
- Everyone who arrives in Bodø Municipality after traveling abroad and in the following areas of Norway: Vestland, Viken, Vestfold and Telemark, Rogaland, Oslo, Inland and Agder, are imposed with 14 days home quarantine.
- Travelers with symptoms must immediately be put in isolation and cannot use public transport. Isolation meaning, you must stay at home or at another suitable place of residence. The symptoms are cough, fever, short/heavy breathing.
- Travelers who have been in close contact with a person who is confirmed infected by Covid-19 shall remain in quarantine for 14 days after contact and cannot use public transport. Close contact meaning that you have been in contact with a person with less than a two-meter distance for more than 15 minutes, or direct physical contact
- Travelers who do not have symptoms shall travel to their planned destination for home quarantine. During the journey you shall, as far as possible, keep your distance from other people.
- If you are a visitor to Bodø and have questions related to the coronavirus, Bodø Municipality can be reached by phone +47 476 59 902. The phone is operated between 08.30-14.30 on weekdays.
- Crew arriving ashore shall be transported to their home without further delay. If leaving by airplane, the crew shall be transported directly to the airport for further transport.
- Crew that are boarding and arriving another destination than Bodø shall be transported from the airport and directly to the ship. This cf. section 6 of the Regulations on extended quarantine in Bodø Municipality, which states that carriers and personnel of goods and passenger transport are excepted from the local quarantine requirements which provide for 14 days quarantine for visitors (for the specified areas in section 1.)
- Vessels can carry out necessary provisioning.
- Do you have questions about crew change documentation? See the Norwegian Maritime Authority’s website.
- Vessels that have suspected or confirmed cases of disease or injury that may have an impact on international public health on board shall notify the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, The Norwegian Coastal Administration or the municipal physician.
Important contact information:
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath and impaired general health, contact one of the following:
- If in need for health care, call your general physician or the emergency room on +47 116 117
- If life is at risk, call +47 113
- If you have any questions about the corona virus, call Helse Norges information number +47 815 55 015. The phone is open weekdays 08.00-18.00 and weekends 10.00-16.00.
It is important that people with respiratory symptoms call before seeking medical attention to avoid potential spreading of the corona virus at the doctor’s offices.
The Norwegian Maritime Authority with the latest news on the coronavirus
FAQ about the coronavirus and seagoing traffic with The Norwegian Coastal Administration
General information from the Government
Advice and information from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health